Harris's Sparrow

My brother and I found the Harris's Sparrow at the silage pit as
previously reported by Dennis Shirley.  We watched for about an hour and
half before the bird appeared at 11:30 a.m. this morning (12/30/03).  On
the way back to my brother's house we also saw a Merlin on a pole at Rock
Canyon Elementary School on Timpview Dr.

Yesterday there was a Yellow-rumped Warbler in my brother's backyard in
Provo.  These warblers are very common in winter in my backyard in Mesa,
Arizona, but I was a little surprised to see it in Provo this time of
year.  Are they common here also?

James McKay
Mesa, Arizona
(& Provo, UT for the next few days)