Blue Jay, Greater White-fronted Goose, White-throated Sparrow

November 28, 2003

Since this is the Thanksgiving week, I want to personally thank those who
posted and accompanied me in locating new birds for my 2003 list.  Nov. 25
(Tue.) Glenn Barlow and I saw the Blue Jay in north Ogden; Nov. 26 (Wed.)
Julie Van Moorhem, Pomera Fronce, Kent Lewis, Steve and Cindy Sommerfield,
and I saw the White-throated Sparrow on the Jordan River Trail; Nov. 27
(Thur.) - had 10 species during a one-hour time period in a corner of my
backyard for the national Thanksgiving count; November 28 (Fri.) Merrill
Webb and I saw the Greater White-fronted Geese at Lee Kay Ponds on 5600 West
in SLC.

Since Christmas is around the corner, I've made my "wish" list. I am hoping
that Santa comes through with a few more birds for my 2003 year list.

Help:  I have marked my having seen a Red-necked Grebe this year but failed
to write down the date and location.  Perhaps someone could help jog my
memory if they were with me or tell me where you have seen it during 2003.

Good birding to all,
Alton Thygerson