Snake River birding

Just got back from a beautiful float trip down the Snake River between
Alpine, WY and Jackson Hole. The 17 mile trip included sightings of the
gorgeous Osprey (my favorite bird), Female Common Mergansers, Gadwalls,
Solitary Sandpiper, Cliff Swallows, Bank Swallows and others. Also saw a
juvenile Moose eating leaves on the side of the river. I will need to get
some waterproof binoculars for the next trip, since there were so many birds
flying around that I could not identify from the boat.
The road through Afton, WY is a hawk watchers paradise. We saw pletny of
Swainsons, Red-Tailed, Prairie Falcon, American Kestrel, Merlin and a
beautiful Ferruginous Hawk.

Peace thru Birding!

Stephen Peterson