Crossbills at Brighton

Hi all

Today at about 10:30-12:30, Bob Bradley and I went to Brighton to look at
the Crossbills again.  Bob went Friday morning also.  He saw a White-winged
Crossbill along with another Red Crossbill.  We started the trail at the
boardwalk at Brighton.  We did see a number of Red Crossbills.  I saw for
about 5-10 seconds a bird with white wing bars.  I am always a bit sceptical
due to the variants that are shown in all the books regarding Red Crossbills
with white wing bars.  The bird I saw had wing bars.  The first bar being
pretty distinct.  Given the other sightings from others in the recent past,
I believe there is a white-winged Crossbill at the site.  We could not
relocate it after it flew.  We saw a juvenile Goshawk too.  Best of birding.
Tony