Washington County

Today at Lytle there were a lot of W. migrants. I had two Townsend's Warblers the first I've saw this Spring. One was a beautiful singing male. Also the first Brown-crested Flycatcher that I've seen out there at Lytle this year. I had a Cassin's Vireo there too. The best bird I had was a calling Least Flycatcher that I was able to get very good looks at. It was near the end of the property.

This afternoon I went up to Pine Valley and most of the breeding birds have arrived. Tanagers and Grosbeaks singing, along with Plumbeous and Warbling Vireo's. There were quite a few Grace's and Audubon's singing also a couple Virginia's.A lot of Dusky Flycatchers calling and a couple doing the full song and defending there territory. Also another season of trying to tell apart the songs of Chipping Sparrows and Dark-eyed Junco's. Along with the rest of the montane birds it was a very nice afternoon up there.

The Bronzed Cowbird was still there last night at 6:30. it was on the G C near the dead end road.

Larry Tripp