Bronzed Cowbird

Tonight at about 4:30 I met Glen Barlow where the road deadends into Red Hills G C in St. George. As we were looking for the Hooded Oriole's that are nesting there A female Bronzed Cowbird flew in and landed on the phone line in front of us. We watched it for about a minute. Then it flew into the palm tree were the Oriole nest is. As it got to the tree the male Hooded Oriole came from the tree behind us and went in after it. It chased the Cowbird out of the palm and over onto the G C untill we lost sight of them both.

If I remember correctly there was a sighting of a female Bronzed Cowbird in that area last year at around this date. Could it be the same bird back agian?

Good birding, Larry Tripp