Wednesday Birding

Cache County:
Today I relocated the Red-necked Grebe towards the upper end of the reservoir. I found it around 8 a.m., after scanning the whole reservoir, but somehow I missed the Red-throated Loon.  There was a Great Egret in the section of the valley called, "the Barrens" and in this same area there were 4 Short-eared Owls and a pair of Blue-winged Teal. Cache Valley had tons and tons of Swainson's and Red-tail Hawks.

Box Elder County:

Along the drive to Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge there were 3 Whimbrel just opposite of the Chesapeake Duck Club trailer which is a short distance past the first river crossing. They were feeding in some long grass along with a couple of Long-billed Curlews and there were around 500 Marbled Godwits just a few feet off the road nearby.

In the refuge itself I saw a Common Tern along the northern dike plus 2 more pairs of Blue-winged Teal.

Davis CountyAlong the causeway to Antelope Island, I saw 26 Black-bellied Plovers and 5 Dunlin on the south side of the road at mile marker 6.

- Ed Conrad

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. _______________________________________________ "Utah Birds" web site: http://www.utahbirds.org Birdnet: To subscribe, e-mail: birdnet-subscribe@utahbirds.org To unsubscribe, e-mail: birdnet-unsubscribe@utahbirds.org To send a message, e-mail: birdnet@utahbirds.org _________________________________________________