Birds seen along Jordan River

Last night (April 21) about 7:30, I saw three Snowy Egret in High breeding plumage setting on a dead branch above the pond just west of the Jordan River at 3300 South. I pulled off of 1200 West on to the dirt by the pond and didn't even have to get out of my car. This morning on my walk I saw a Solitary Sandpiper on a mudflat in the river just south of the Oxbow Trailhead. You get there from 1000 West off of 3300 South. Follow the trail south. On the west side of the Power Sub-station I saw my first Western Kingbird of the year. It was on one of the power lines of the sub-station. To get there go to the Redwood Center (3100 S Lester Ave) and walk east to the main sub-station. But I still have yet to see a Spotted Sandpiper.
Jack Holley 955-7818