Black-bellied Plover

Greetings!

I ran into Martha Ann in the Visitors' Center at Antelope Island today and am I ever glad I did.  She told me she saw 2 Black-bellied Plovers on the north side of the causeway this morning.  After driving up and down a couple of times, I finally located one of the plovers on the south side in the mud flats by the first bridge.  Also along the causeway were 4 Western Sandpipers mixed in with a flock of about 30 Sanderlings.  Bob's Burrowing Owl was right where he was supposed to be and the Barn Owl was in the barn.

At Glover Ponds I saw 5 geese feeding on the western most banks of the water (toward the north end of the ponds).  I believe they were Ross' Geese as their bills seemed stubby and I could not see any of the rust coloring on the face or head.  I will look for someone to post a correction if this is not right.

Pomera