Southern Utah birding

On our way home from St. George today, Bob Bradley and I decided to take the long route and drove Highway 12 which is the route to Bryce Canyon. We found the Acorn woodpecker (3:00 pm) at the location previously described ( between mile marker 93 and 94 (Heading North) on Highway 12). There was a flock of at least 50 Pinyon Jays (3:20) at mile marker 118 (heading north) on Hwy 12. We also saw numerous Western Bluebirds and a couple of Mountain Bluebirds. We were strapped for time and so could not stop at Karooshem (Spelling?) resevoir but it was loaded with waterfowl. If you take a trip along Hwy 12, be sure to stop there and see what might be there.
We also saw a Ferruginous Hawk just south of Levan. It was in the three trees on the east side of the road as you leave the town. Levan is just south of Nephi on Hwy 28 (I think that is the number of the road).
We did visit Lytle Ranch on Thursday. It was quite birdy but we missed the Sapsuckers. We did see Black-tailed Gnatcatchers singing and Lucy's Warblers already on site.
Thanks to all of the Dixie birders and those that have been down to Wash. county recently that helped with sightings. Greatly appreciated.
Good birding to you all.
Tony Jones