Farmington Bay Report

Greetings!

My chance meeting with three fellow birders at Farmington Bay today made an already great day spectacular.  First, Tom Little and I enjoyed watching nearly 50 Bald Eagles in the trees just east of Goose Egg Island.  I then met up with Terry Sadler for a few minutes and he helped me find two Thayer's Gulls on the west side of the second bridge.  Terry left, but I stayed to look for the Glaucous Gull he had seen earlier.  I happened upon Tony Jones who had his scope on a juvenile Glaucous-winged Gull.  About that same time, I spotted a 2nd winter Glaucous Gull.  Within a few minutes, these two birds had gravitated toward each other and could be seen together without moving the scope.  What a treat!  They were on the east side of the first bridge.  Thanks to all who previously reported these birds.

Didn't see anything else that hasn't already been reported.  It was nice to see the swans and pelicans are back.

Pomera