Re: Camelot Woods open?

Hello, Jack. You're right, Camelot has been closed.  I was able to receive written permission from the owner to enter to do birding and photography in Camelot. She said that due to vandalism last summer that the area was closed. The family is deciding what to do with the property and should know this spring. This is what I learned from briefly talking with Barbara Thomas Kelley, one of the property owners, in late January.
Camelot is a wonderful resource and a beautiful area. I am grateful for the extended Thomas family for sharing this gem with the public. I feel bad that a few idiots have caused so many problems for these gracious and generous folks.
I remember the beautiful and magical merging of man and nature when I first "discovered" Camelot about seven years ago. There were lovely wood carvings, pictures, poetry, and stories posted on the trees. My children and I have loved visiting this unique place. We once met a wonderful man, Rell Francis, there, and he taught my children how to write poetry.

Note to birdnet folks: I would love to hear any other persons' experiences at Camelot, especially if you've been a long-time visitor.
Linda