Utah Bird Sightings Update, Feb 8, 2003

Weber County

The Layton Wild Bird Center Saturday morning bird walk group observed a Merlin along the Riverdale Parkway in Riverdale.  It was at the bridge crossing the Weber River at the Riverdale Civic Center.  You can access the Riverdale parkway off Riverdale Avenue at 700 West.  Turn South on 700 West and go to the first left which crosses the Weber River.

Utah County

Feb 8, it has been a strange winter with many unusual sightings.  Todd Black reported a Swainson's Hawk at the Pleasant Grove exit off I-15.  This is the earliest that I remember a Swainson's Hawk reported.