Farmington Bay and Mueller Park

Today I took a drive before the big game to Farmington Bay and Mueller
Park Canyon in Bountiful.  Farmington Bay had a flock of about 10 Tree
Sparrows on the back side of the big mound (egg island?).  Most of the
usual ducks were present.

Mueller Park was a bit more birdy.  I found a flock of 10 Golden-crowned
kinglets, 5 Black-capped Chickadee, 2 Stellers Jays, and 4 Brown Creepers.
Also, I heard a Blue Grouse pounding.  I could never locate the bird but
could hear the deep pounding coming from somewhere.  I have heard Blue
grouse when they are seeking a mate, but never in the middle of winter.
It seemed odd.  I cannot think of anything else it could have been.  I
just could not find it.  The grouse was heard at the "jungle gym" about
1/4 mile up the road.  The flock of birds was near there, maybe a bit
closer to the parking lot.

Mueller Park is located up 1800 S. Bountiful.
Tony