No Access To Bountiful Landfill

Greetings!

Julie VanMoorhem and I went to the Bountiful Landfill today and were denied access by the employee at the gate.  He said they had not been allowing birders in for about two months now.  When we told him that some others had gotten in recently, he said that was because he had been off for three weeks.  Anyway, he said the new policy was due to problems with cars getting in the way of the heavy equipment and also all the flat tires that were occurring.  This guy's news was a hard pill to swallow.  We went on to Farmington Bay.  There were large numbers of gulls - mostly California with a few Herring mixed in and a couple of Northern Harriers.  Didn't see anything else that hasn't been reported recently.

Before linking up with Julie, I birded the Salt Lake City Cemetery.  I was in the general area of 980 East and 445 North.  The birds were very active around 1:00 and I saw 15 species in about 30 minutes.  There were a few Townsend's Solitaires and lots of Red-breasted Nuthatches.  There were many Flickers and Downy Woodpeckers and one Red-naped Sapsucker.  Bob Bradley was out birding on his lunch hour and told me he saw a White-breasted Nuthatch.

Pomera