Birding in Morgan County and East Canyon Res.

Went through Morgan this afternoon, on my way to East Canyon Reservoir.
Stopped at the South Morgan Cemetery.  Sorry to report there were no birds.
All I found were the larger wing and tail feathers of a Northern Flicker.

Got to East Canyon Reservoir a little before 5 p.m.  The northern portion is
frozen over.  West of the U-66 and U-65 junction, in the middle of the
reservoir, there starts to be some open water.  I drove nearly to the
turn-out with the small building on it.  It was between MM 16-17.  Got great
looks at a Common Merganser, two White-winged Scoters (they appeared to be a
pair), and a little later a Long-tailed Duck.  Because they were in the
middle of the reservoir, which is narrowing at that point, it was possible
to get a good view of the scoters and the L-t Duck.  I would think that a
mid-morning visit would be about the right time.  Oh, and there were 3 adult
Bald Eagle on the ice in about the same place (but, nearer the eastern
shore).

While coming south from Morgan I watched for turkeys, but didn't see them
until about 3-4 miles before the East Canyon Dam.  There must have been
somewhere between 50-100 of them.  Got some close views.  They were in the
canyon to the right of the road, going toward the dam.

Good birding!

Glenn