Utah County Birding

Well Eric Huish, Christian Peay and myself headed out around the Provo area today. Our first stop was to look for the Wood Ducks in west Provo. They were there, sitting in a backyard near where there seen. There were 12 of them. Also Quail and RN Pheasants were in the yard. Next we went out to River Lane, west of Springville. We saw the Eurasion Collared Doves near the homes on River Lane. We had some great looks. There were 3 Bald Eagles on River Lane, and out on the beach was one Herring Gull. There was also a Rough Legged Hawk on the road out to River Lane. We then went and looked at the Lewis' Woodpeckers in Woodland Hills, they were, At least 4, probably more. There were Stellar Jays and Scrub Jays and Pine Siskens, Juncos and Goldfinches in the area. We then went to Salem Pond. At the pond in the subdivision was still a male Barrow's Goldeneye. We then drove back up north and went to Powell Slough. We saw an American Tree Sparrow where I saw it yesterday, and heard a Sora and several Virgina Rails. Also there were Bald Eagles here. We ended the day at UVSC in Orem. At the ponds that they have drained we saw 16 Killdeer and 1 Wilson's Snipe. We saw 45 species today. Great job on the Pygmy Owl Jim. That was the bird that we were trying to find, but didn't.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?