Raptor Nesting Surveys as politics

I stand corrected by Bill Fenimore.  I didn't think of my remarks in
"Raptor Nesting Surveys - Caution" as political, but if this sort of
post for the birdnet list is inappropriate I too ask the Webmaster to
rule on this.

	I apologize for implying that falconers are criminals; I was thinking
of my experience in Arabia where the falcon trade really is decimating
falcon populations.

	I also apologize for stating that birders have any particular
"obligation."  I usually keep my morals to myself.  I'm actually quite
capable of standing next to a guy with a shotgun and saying "That sure
is a nice swan you just bagged" while I'm thinking "Wow!  He just
murdered a swan."  I know banders who delight in killing House Sparrows
caught in their nets because these are "bad" birds, and I don't object.
It's just that I make a conscious effort to try the bird's point of
view, and birds don't know they need to be "managed" by a superior
species.

	You're right, Bill, this is entirely too serious for birdnet.

Jens Munthe