LT Duck, Scoters, Phalarope

Kathy and I checked out East Canyon Reservoir this afternoon (1/12).  On
the northeastern arm were a pair of Hooded Mergansers, 2 White-winged
Scoters, and a female Long-tailed Duck.  Elsewhere on the reservoir were
Common Mergansers and Common Goldeneyes.  Just north of the reservoir
along Hwy 66 we saw a flock of Wild Turkeys feeding along the roadside.
There were also several Bald and Golden Eagles sitting in trees in the
canyon.
Earlier today we saw a Northern Shrike and several American Tree Sparrows
on Antelope Island, along the road to Garr Ranch.  An out-of-season
Wilson's Phalarope was on the Causeway, about 50 yards west of mile
marker 4, on the north side.  Also odd for winter were a Western Grebe
and a Clark's Grebe, both seen along the west dike road at Farmington Bay
WMA.

Joel Beyer