Canyon Wren

Greetings!

Today, I saw a Canyon Wren in the same general area where the Winter Wren has been seen at Canyon View Park.  After you cross the river, turn left and walk about 50 yards toward the mouth of the canyon.  When you reach the small section of eight green timber fence posts on the right side of the walkway, put your back to the river and look straight ahead.  You will be looking right into the cliffs where the wren was working the rocks.  He was very actively calling between 2:00 and 3:00.

The Swamp Sparrow is still at the Timpanogos Wastewater Treatment Plant.  I saw him at about 3:45 on the east side of the stream where he was feeding on the ground with a Song Sparrow.

FYI, Canyon Glen Park (just above Canyon View Park) is closed for construction until May 27th.  The gate to the parking lot is open, but there is a sign stating you will be towed immediately if you park there.

Pomera