Lee Kay Ponds, Saltair, SLC Cemetery (Salt Lake Co.)

I just got back from a morning birding the above
locations.  At the Lee Kay Ponds (across from the SL
County landfill) I found a Double Crested Cormorant.
Maybe he's decided the weather is so nice that he will
spend the winter?
At Saltair I located (with Bob Bradley and Tony
Jones's help) the Long Tailed Duck.  I know that
several of you told me last year that you had seen
male LT Ducks, but I am beginning to think that this
breed is the Amazon's of the Duck Kingdom.  So far
I've logged 3 different LT Ducks, at 3 different
locations, and they've all been females.
At the City Cemetery the best birds I found were a
couple of Brown Creepers.
Is the warm weather affecting migration?  I found 2
different flocks of Mourning Doves this morning, in
addition to the cormorant.  I also found 14
meadowlarks perched on a set of telephone wires near
7200 west and I-80.  One was singing as if it were
spring!
Good Birding is a Great way to start off the New
Year!!
Bruce