Finally!!

I finally got my two elusive birds.  Yesterday I went to Liberty Park and just as I was about to leave I saw my first Pygmy Nuthatch then I saw another four minutes later.  Today I went to Bear River MBR to look for a bird that has been eluding me for two years.  I finally found the Short-eared Owl at 4 PM 1/4 mile before the entrance to the refuge.  I even did a little SEO dance afterwards.  Five minutes later I saw another two.  Then I spent about half an hour trying to find a Trumpeter, but no luck.   At the end of the day I had 5 SEO, a few male Harriers fighting and a great picture of a kestrel hovering.

Perfect end to an amazing year.

ED