WW Scoter, Long Tailed Duck still there

As of 8 o'clock this morning (Saturday-12/7) the Long
Tailed Duck was still at the north-east arm of East
Canyon Reservoir.
I found the White Winged Scoter near the large parking
area about midway along the eastern shore (the area
that has the outhouses in the parking lot-- I forget
the name but it is a Day Use Area).
On the way to the reservoir, before daylight, I saw a
Great Horned Owl perched on a branch of a dead snag
(this was probably 4 miles before the reservoir).
When I got out of the car to get a closer look, of
course it flew off.  Even though I could not see where
it landed, I drove down the road a hundred yards and
rolled down the window and listened.  Sure enough I
could hear it "hooting".  Because I am not as talented
as some birders at imitating bird sounds, I took the
easy way out and plunked a Stokes Bird cd into the
player and played the Great Horned Owl track.  Not
only did it answer back, but I was apparently in the
center of a mini-flock of GHO's as 2 others
responded!!!  I enjoyed being serenaded by all 3 owls
for several minutes before I proceded on my journey.
It goes without saying that it was an enjoyable
morning birding!!  (But then again, ANY morning
birding is enjoyable!!!)
Good Birding and thanks to all who posted information
about the East Canyon birds!!
Bruce