From: Tim Gorman
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 10:11 AM
Subject: [birdnet] Fw: Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Gorman
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 8:36 AM
Subject: Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge

I spent November 23rd and 24th driving around and walking the dikes at the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge. I put down 57 firm specie sightings on the Refuge's cool bird list handout.
Most notable (to me) were Great Egret, Am. Bittern, Sora, and Marbled Godwit.
Also seen a Loggerhead Shrike which is never seen in our area this time of year.
There are thousands of swans resting at the refuge. In the a.m. they are very noisy. It is fun to you sit and listen to the few Trumpeter Swans, with there deeper voices, "whoooing" amongst the Tundras.
There were many transient shorebirds on the marsh; some of which I could not Identify. I highly recommend the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge this time of year.

Tim Gorman