Forward: Ferruginous Hawk

>Date: November 13, 2002 at 00:40:49
>From Katherine Dahlstet
>Subject: Ferruginous Hawk
>Email_Address: EastwindETS@netscape.net

Nov. 5, 2002 Saw a Light morph Ferruginous soaring low overhead along the I-15 corridor at about Farmington/ Centerville border. (Just south of Glover lane overpass). I drive that every day and count hawks on the power poles. Lots of red tails, some swainsons, others during the year. This was very white underside - perfect dark crescent at wrist - bit of dark tips on primaries, larger bird, hint of rufous at end of large tail. Thought it should be reported as they are listed as threatened in Utah.
Katherine Dahlstet