Forward: East Canyon and Boulder Mountain

<The webmaster was slow in forwarding this e-mail (e-mail submitted
from the web site comes to the webmaster first) -- sorry about that>

From: Alton Thygerson
Subject: East Canyon Reservoir on Oct. 31 and Boulder Mountain on Nov.
2.

I was fortunate to see all of the target birds on at East Canyon (Allen

Condie and Pomera Fronce were also there).  On Boulder Mountain I
followed Dennis Shirley's excellent directions and located the Acorn
Woodpecker, a large flock of Wild Turkeys was within 100 feet of the
Acorn Woodpecker's tree, red breasted nuthatches, mountain and
black-capped chickadees near the ranger's host station on Highway 12,
and just south of Grover, two large flocks of Pinyon Jays.  A Pygmy
Nuthatch was not found.  My wife and I shared birding information on
Friday night with Pomera Fronce and Julia vanMoorhem on Friday night at
a Torrey restaurant.

Yesterday (Nov. 5) turned out to be an excellent birding day:
the White Winged Scoter (Lois Clark was also there) at the Orem Water
Treatment Plant,  Reed Stone's female Wood Duck near the Provo River,
a Merlin at Utah Lake State Park, the Red-necked Grebe at the Orem
Landfill.

Alton Thygerson

http://launch.yahoo.com/u2