golden-crowned sparrow

I finally got out of the work around the house rut and went birding. The first notable bird (8:30 a.m.) was the best we saw. The golden-crowned sparrow was at east bay in Provo. Take the road by Camelot north to the very end. Just before you enter the circle turnaround, the bird was by the roadside. There was a loose gathering of white-crowned and song sparrows in the area as well as blackbirds and one warbler that was too far to identify. We saw spotted and green-tailed towees at Burriston ponds, and lewis's woodpeckers and stellar's jays at Salem.  Jack Binch