Red-naped sapsucker

I went down to Oak Creek in Sanpete County near Milburn and took a hike
Saturday morning.  Not more than a quarter mile up the trail I saw a red-naped
sapsucker in a juniper tree.  It was a little difficult to get a good look,
although I was only a few yards away.  I did however, see the definite red
markings that confirmed to me that it was a red-naped.  Great bird.  This is a
lifer for me.

Also, for that English gentleman that was interested in a Ferriginous Hawk (he
did not leave his email address), I saw one last weekend on the south end of
Utah Lake near Lincoln Beach.

Happy birding
Quinn Shurtliff