Lewis's Woodpeckers at Provo Marina

We drove down to the Provo Marina Sunday morning and noticed a different
bird flying in and landing on a telephone pole next to a bunch of
starlings.  It was a Lewis's Woodpecker.  We watched it fly between the
poles and trees for about 20 minutes--doing its flycatching maneuvers.  The
poles are the three lining the south side of the road just before you enter
the Marina (before the road that leads out to the dike).  He was a beauty.
We also saw least sandpipers, pectoral sandpipers, and a semipalmated
plover.
Carol Davis and Nicky Davis