Philadelphia Vireo

Greetings!

Sid Westerman birded Goshen Canyon today and just called me with a report.  We have been going back and forth about a vireo we saw down there.  After he and his son studied the bird for quite some time, they feel 100% sure that it is a Philadelphia Vireo.  I have seen the bird on two occasions and am inclined to agree with his conclusion, but I have not seen the bird in as much detail as he has.  The bird is very similar to that shown in the Sibley Guide.

I understand the Utah County Birders will be birding in that area tomorrow so if you are in Goshen Canyon, watch for this bird.  Go .7 miles beyond where the stream crosses the canyon road.  Turn left onto a dirt road and work your way down to the water.  The bird has been seen just upstream from the wooden bridge in a clump of trees.  There are horseshoes in the stream on each side of the trees you are looking for.  Good luck!  We would like to hear from you on this bird.

Pomera