forward: Lewis's Woodpecker, Gray Jays, Red Crossbills, etc.

From: Alton Thygerson
Date: September 16, 2002 at 15:16:24
Subject: Lewis's Woodpecker, Gray Jays, Red Crossbills, etc.
Email_Address: thygerson@byu.edu

Today (Monday, Sept. 16), I made a quick trip to Dimple Dell Park in Salt Lake County for a look at the previously reported Lewis's Woodpeckers. Despite the wind and a few raindrops at 1:45 pm, I saw three woodpeckers in the location previously described. I suggest a spotting scope for a great look from the parking lot. Actually, I acquired better looks by driving east beyond the large parking lot to a correl on the north side of the road and looked northward on the powerline poles.

Last Saturday (Sept. 14), Merrill Webb and I made a morning trip to the Mirror Lake area and saw these target birds: Gray Jays (Bald Mtn. parking lot), Red Crossbills (Mirror Lake Campground), Three-toed Woodpecker (west of the Bald Mtn. parking lot, 200+ yards), Clark's Nutcracker, Northern Flicker, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Mountain Chickadee, Common Raven, Townsend's Solitaire, American Pipit, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Chipping Sparrow, Black-billed Magpie, among others.

Changed your e-mail? Keep your contacts! Use this free e-mail change of address service from Return Path. Register now!