Lewis' Woodpeckers

Thank you, Dee Dee, for the Lewis Woodpecker sighting.  Matthew, his Mom and little brother Aaron, Mary Anne and myself went to check this report out and it was the best Lewis' sighting I have ever observed.  We saw at 6 or 7 birds and 4 were on the power pole at the same time.  In
fact we watched one have a power struggle for the pole with a magpie. The magpie won.  It chased the woodpecker away finally the flew off .  You should all check this sighting out.  Dee Dee's instructions to get there are good.  It may be a little further east than 2000 east.  The parking area is large as the park horse trailers in it.  The birds appear to be storing acorns in the cracks in the pole.
Donna Thorum.