California condors

Does anyone know what date in 1983 that the first condor was hatched in captivity from an egg taken from the wild, and what happened to this particular bird. I know it was 1983 because I was regional editor at the Times-News in Twin Falls at this time, and put a picture of this newly hatched bird on the front page of the paper. I thought the hatchling was beautiful but several people wrote me to tell me I had spoiled their breakfast. I'm doing a column on the condors for next week's issue of Winging It in the Standard-Examiner's Xplore section and want to mention this incident because earlier this week I saw two California condors soaring in the sky near Zion National Park. What a treat!!! Meanwhile, any information on the first captive hatching would be appreciated. Cheers. Pat Bean