Rufous Hummingbird

I spent a few hours this morning (July 5) near Brighton at Silver Lake and Lake Solitude. One of the highlights included a male Rufous Hummingbird at the feeders behind the Information Center. A beautiful bird (and a lifer for me!)
Also seen were Lincoln's, Chipping, White Crowned, and Fox Sparrows, Red Breasted Nuthatch, Warbling Vireo, Juncos, Wood Pewees, Yellow Rump Warblers, and 3 young Spotted Sandpipers wearing their fluffy, downy costumes.
I heard lots of drumming, and saw one far off woodpecker, but was not able to find any of the others.   There was at least 2 very different and distinct drumming patterns, one a steady, even tapping, the other a rapid, staccatto burst, followed by a pause.
It was a good morning to be birding (and sure beats the heck out of having to work today!!!)
Bruce