Birding and the Heber Valley

My wife and I just rediscovered the pleasures of spring birding throughout
the Heber Valley, something the Cox and Fuchs families have long known! We
spent a few days at the Wasatch State Campground and birded again around the
campground as well as at nearby Jordanelle dam area, Rock Cliff nature area,
Soldier Hollow, and Deer Creek Reservoir. Thanks to Alan Fuchs and Milton
Moody we also got good looks at the American Redstart, a common bird when we
lived back east but not out here in Utah. It was pretty easy to get a list of
64 species but more importantly the beauty of the valley and the buntings,
orioles, tanagers, warblers and others were a great spring tonic. It's great
to have such delightful places in our state.     Hugh Gillilan