Week end birds

Hi All

I have nothing unusual to report but did have a great weekend, Saturday morning I went on a walk in Fruit Heights (not sure of the name of the picnic area but it's next to the home people call the castle), with my wife and daughter. We saw many lazuli buntings, black headed grosbeaks, black chinned and broad tailed hummingbirds, chickadees, a flycatcher that as close as I could tell was a dusky flycatcher, turkey vulture, western tanager, and I watched a blue gray gnat catcher for a long time, what a busy little bird he is.

In my backyard over the weekend I had black headed grosbeaks, gold finches, yellow warblers, bullocks orioles, a common nighthawk was perched in the locust tree in my neighbors backyard for a long time this is the first time I have seen one not in flight, and of course house finches, house sparrows and chipping sparrows. Like I said nothing real unusual or rare but a great time. last Monday my brother in-law saw a small flock of cedar waxwings in the same area, but I was unable to find them.

Memorial Day weekend I spent in Cedar City and did some birding on the road going to Kolob reservoir. We also saw some good birds there. Many Green-tailed Towhees, orange crowned warblers, some small flycatchers I have a hard time with them I'm not sure if they were ash throated, gray, willow or what many just call western flycatchers but they are fun to watch. I need to bird with someone familiar with the different small flycatchers. also saw lazuli buntings, and bullocks orioles. and one bird the closest I can come is a gray catbird but not positive.

Two great weekends in a row.

Happy birding Steve