SHARP-TAILED GROUSE, BURROWING OWL

2-4 Sharp-tailed Grouse were observed at dawn (6 a.m.) on a lek in northern Box Elder County.  They could be heard frequently drumming their wings and were seen dancing.  These were probably bachelor males, hoping their luck might still change.  I didn't see any hens.

That's the good news.  The bad news is that there was a camp set up nearby, with two large RV trailers, 2 pickup trucks, ~4 ATVs and a dirt bike.  There were ATV tracks running right across the lek area.  I didn't actually see any people before I left about 7 a.m..  I guess those layabouts weren't up yet.

A Burrowing Owl was seen on the road in to the Golden Spike National Historic Site, off Rte. 83, west of Corinne.

Jim McIntyre