Bachelor Party

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1FB8D.34347C60

My wife has been away to visit her sister for the past three days, so I =
did tonight what every (?) red-blooded American male dreams of-- I went =
birding!!
I went to Bear River MBR (Box Elder Co) and while I only found 46 =
species (not counting mosquitoes) in 3 1/2 hours, I was amazed at the =
numbers of birds seen.  Ibis's and avocets in the hundreds, if not =
thousands (I passed one flock of ibis just off the freeway and lost =
count after 200!!!).  Black Neck Stilts in the hundreds, as were the =
pelicans.  Many Clark's and Western Grebes, and there were Marsh Wrens =
chatting and showing off everywhere!!
Near the big red buildings, just before the refuge, were 15 Long Billed =
Dowitchers, with a couple of Least Sandpipers mixed in.  I found quite a =
few Wilson's Phalaropes there and at several different locations prior =
to and throughout the refuge.  Near this location was also my first =
Eastern Kingbird of the year.
At the location where the auto tour makes a 90 degree turn to the south =
was a large flock of Franklin's Gulls.  I also saw one of the 2 Great =
Egrets that I saw tonight at this same spot.
I was also able to get my first Long Billed Curlew of the year near the =
mobile home and corrals that are before the refuge.
It was a fun evening, and an enjoyable Bachelor Party For One!!!

Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1FB8D.34347C60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My wife has been away to visit her =
sister for the=20
past three days, so I did tonight what every (?) red-blooded American =
male=20
dreams of-- I went birding!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I went to Bear River MBR (Box Elder Co) =
and while I=20
only found 46 species (not counting mosquitoes) in 3 1/2 hours, I was =
amazed at=20
the numbers of birds seen.&nbsp; Ibis's and avocets in the hundreds, if =
not=20
thousands (I passed one flock of ibis just off the freeway and lost =
count after=20
200!!!).&nbsp; Black Neck Stilts in the hundreds, as were the =
pelicans.&nbsp;=20
Many Clark's and Western Grebes, and there were Marsh Wrens chatting and =
showing=20
off everywhere!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Near the big red buildings, just before =
the refuge,=20
were 15 Long Billed Dowitchers, with a couple of Least Sandpipers mixed=20
in.&nbsp; I found quite a few&nbsp;Wilson's Phalaropes there and at =
several=20
different locations prior to and throughout the refuge.&nbsp; Near this =
location=20
was also my first Eastern Kingbird of the year.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At the location where the auto tour =
makes a 90=20
degree turn to the south was a large flock of Franklin's Gulls.&nbsp; I =
also saw=20
one of the 2 Great Egrets that I saw tonight at this same =
spot.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was also able to get my first Long =
Billed Curlew=20
of the year near the mobile home and corrals that are before the=20
refuge.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It was a fun evening, and an enjoyable =
Bachelor=20
Party For One!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1FB8D.34347C60--