Farminton Bay (Davis Co.)

- ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C1F911.0E22B380

Thanks to Glen Barlow's "heads up" I went behind the gates at Farmington =
this morning and saw 54 species in 2 1/2 hours!!  There were lots of =
little round yellow goslings!!!
Some of the notable birds that I saw, in no particular order:
Sandhill Cranes (2), Great Egret, Caspian Terns (2), Spotted Sandpipers =
(3), Western, Clark's, Pied Billed, and Eared Grebes, Yellow Rumps, =
Blue-wing Teal, Ruddy Ducks, Barn, Cliff, Bank, Tree, Northern =
Rough-wing, and Violet Green Swallows, several Black Crowned Night =
Herons, and 3 out of place Mute Swans.
At times the dike road reminded me of a scene out of an Alfred Hitchcock =
movie (I can't remember the title, but it had lots of birds in it!!) =
with the myriad numbers of swallows completely covering the road!!
Thanks to the DWR for opening the gates!!!
I'm really looking forward to the Great Salt Lake Bird Festival!!!
Good Birding!! =20
Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C1F911.0E22B380

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks to Glen Barlow's "heads up" I =
went behind=20
the gates at Farmington this morning and saw 54 species in 2 1/2 =
hours!!&nbsp;=20
There were lots of little round yellow goslings!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Some of the notable birds that I saw, =
in no=20
particular order:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sandhill Cranes (2), Great Egret, =
Caspian Terns=20
(2), Spotted Sandpipers (3), Western, Clark's, Pied Billed, and Eared =
Grebes,=20
Yellow Rumps, Blue-wing Teal, Ruddy Ducks, Barn, Cliff, Bank, Tree, =
Northern=20
Rough-wing, and Violet Green Swallows, several Black Crowned Night =
Herons, and 3=20
out of place Mute Swans.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At times the dike road reminded me of a =
scene out=20
of an Alfred Hitchcock movie (I can't remember the title, but it had =
lots of=20
birds in it!!) with the myriad numbers of swallows completely covering =
the=20
road!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks to the DWR for opening the=20
gates!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm really looking forward to the Great =
Salt Lake=20
Bird Festival!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good Birding!!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C1F911.0E22B380--