Antelope Island Report

- ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C1E587.47C4A5A0

Greetings!

It was beautiful at Antelope Island today and nice to see the birds =
reclaiming their territory for another season.  I saw over 30 species, =
many of which were the same as those reported by Glenn Barlow last =
Saturday.  Additionally, I saw Marbled Godwits, Barn Swallows, Brewer's =
Blackbirds, Brown Headed Cowbirds, White Faced Ibis and Sage Thrashers =
for the first time this year.  The sheer numbers of some of the birds =
like the American Avocets, Black Necked Stilts and Willets is =
incredible.

The highlight of the day for me, however, was seeing a pair of Black =
Bellied Plovers along the causeway.  They were right at the water's edge =
on the north shoreline just west of mile marker 4.  I told Glenn I would =
call him if I found the plovers.  He got there in record time and we =
both got a life bird.

Now, here's the strangest thing I saw today - a turkey making its way =
west through the rocks on the north side of the causeway - NO KIDDING.  =
I guess you never know what a strong wind will bring in.

Pomera

- ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C1E587.47C4A5A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Greetings!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It was beautiful at Antelope Island today and =
nice&nbsp;to see=20
the birds reclaiming their territory for another season.&nbsp; I saw =
over 30=20
species, many of which were the same as those reported by Glenn Barlow =
last=20
Saturday.&nbsp; Additionally, I saw Marbled Godwits, Barn Swallows, =
Brewer's=20
Blackbirds, Brown Headed Cowbirds, White Faced Ibis and Sage Thrashers =
for the=20
first time this year.&nbsp; The sheer numbers of some of the birds like =
the=20
American Avocets, Black Necked Stilts and Willets is =
incredible.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The highlight of the day for me, however, was seeing =
a pair of=20
Black Bellied Plovers along the causeway.&nbsp; They were right at the =
water's=20
edge on the north shoreline just west of mile marker 4.&nbsp; I told =
Glenn I=20
would call him if I found the plovers.&nbsp; He got there in record time =
and we=20
both got a life bird.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Now, here's the strangest thing I saw today - a =
turkey making=20
its way west through the rocks on the north side of the causeway - NO=20
KIDDING.&nbsp; I guess you never know what a strong wind will bring=20
in.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Pomera</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C1E587.47C4A5A0--