Jaeger?? (Salt Lake Co.)

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1D707.2F178CE0

I hesitated in sending this as it seems so incredulous (and out of =
season as well!) but I think I saw a Jaeger sp. this morning along the =
Jordan River Parkway north of 106th South.  I was about 200 feet north =
of the 2nd set of wood rails that mark the trail.  If you get to the 2.5 =
mile marker, you've gone too far.
It was at 8:45 AM and I was walking north along the trail.  I saw a bird =
with a large wingspan circling above the river.  After a couple of "What =
in the heck is that???", I decided to get studying it.  It was dark on =
the back side, had a gull like head, light undersides, and a "bridle" of =
white under the chin.  The wingspan was about the same size as that of =
some geese that flew by shortly afterwards.  I did not notice any long =
central tail feathers.
It circled above the river 3 or 4 times, then dropped down to the river, =
when I lost sight of it due to the brush along the Jordan River.  When =
it came back into view, it headed northeast in a broad circle, and I =
finally lost it as it went to the north of the large building visible =
from the trail.
Keep your eyes open for this bird as I sure would appreciate a 2nd =
opinion!!!
Good Birding on Good Friday!!!
Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1D707.2F178CE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hesitated in sending this as it seems =
so=20
incredulous (and out of season as well!) but I think I saw a Jaeger sp. =
this=20
morning along the Jordan River Parkway north of 106th South.&nbsp; I was =
about=20
200 feet north of the 2nd set of wood rails that mark the trail.&nbsp; =
If you=20
get to the 2.5 mile marker, you've gone too far.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It was at 8:45 AM and I was walking =
north along the=20
trail.&nbsp; I saw a bird with a large wingspan circling above the =
river.&nbsp;=20
After a couple of "What in the heck is that???", I decided to get =
studying=20
it.&nbsp; It was dark on the back side, had a gull like head, light =
undersides,=20
and a "bridle" of white under the chin.&nbsp; The wingspan was about the =
same=20
size as that of some geese that flew by shortly afterwards.&nbsp; I did =
not=20
notice any long central tail feathers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It circled above the river 3 or 4 =
times, then=20
dropped down to the river, when I lost sight of it due to the brush =
along the=20
Jordan River.&nbsp; When it came back into view, it headed northeast in =
a broad=20
circle, and I finally lost it as it went to the north of the large =
building=20
visible from the trail.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Keep your eyes open for this bird as I =
sure would=20
appreciate a 2nd opinion!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good Birding on Good =
Friday!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1D707.2F178CE0--