Farmington Bay (Davis Co.)

- ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C19B64.309CC5A0

It's been a couple of weeks since I visited Farmington Bay and I was =
curious as to whether the eagles had shown up "en masse" yet (they =
haven't).
But I was able to see 2 American Tree Sparrows in the trees next to the =
restroom.  I had seen a flock of goldfinches fly into the trees and was =
checking them out when I saw the sparrows.
At the far south end of the dike, about a half mile past the gate, I was =
able to pish out 3 Marsh Wrens and several Song Sparrows.  While I was =
intent on seeing the wrens, I happened to see some movement out the =
corner of my eye.  When I changed my focus, there was nothing there, =
just some ripples in the water.  I waited and watched and sure enough a =
Pied Billed Grebe popped his head back out of the water, probably a 100 =
feet away.  Kind of surprising how far they can swim underwater!!

Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C19B64.309CC5A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It's been a couple of weeks since I =
visited=20
Farmington Bay and&nbsp;I was curious as to whether the eagles had shown =
up "en=20
masse" yet (they haven't).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But I was able to see 2 American Tree =
Sparrows in=20
the trees next to the restroom.&nbsp; I had seen a flock of goldfinches =
fly into=20
the trees and was checking them out when I saw the =
sparrows.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At the far&nbsp;south end of the dike, =
about a half=20
mile past the gate, I was able to pish out 3 Marsh Wrens and several =
Song=20
Sparrows.&nbsp; While I was intent on seeing the wrens, I happened to =
see some=20
movement out the corner of my eye.&nbsp; When I changed my focus, there =
was=20
nothing there, just some ripples in the water.&nbsp; I waited and =
watched and=20
sure enough a Pied Billed Grebe popped his head back out of the water, =
probably=20
a 100 feet away.&nbsp; Kind of surprising how far they can swim=20
underwater!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C19B64.309CC5A0--