Mantua redpolls

<forwarded by webmaster>

<From Donna Thorum>

Letitia Lussier, Susan Saffle,June Ryburn,and myself went up to Mantua
to see if the Redpolls were still their and we found the flock again
on Main Street just as you come into town on the 1st exit to Main
Street.  They were in with a flock of Am.Goldfinch still working the
white birch trees with catkins still left.  If anyone goes up there to
look for them they should not give up, but should check all the birch
trees in the town.  It very evident which trees the have been working
as there is chaff under the trees all over the snow.  We also were
able to get the mixed flock of Cedar and Bohemian Waxwings.  We saw
about 8 Bohemians.  There was a Merlin there and a Townsends Solitaire
also.

\From there we went to the Causeway and got nothing but 4 Am. Pipits.
We went down to Garr Ranch and got a Virginia Rail.  That made us feel
a little better about Antelope Is.

Donna Thorum