Kaysville Ponds

I made a stop at the Kaysville Ponds last night about 5:00 PM. The little flock of ring necked ducks that was there last year is back, so are the 2 pair of hooded mergansers. There are a lot of ducks on the northern most of the ponds  which is the closest to the frontage road. In addition to the ring necked ducks and hooded mergansers there are mallards, common golden eye , American wigeon, and others, these are the ones closest to the road and easy to see, it was getting dark. There were some grebes since it was getting dark it was hard to really identify them and I'm not sure what kind, they looked like pied billed but looked to big too me to be pied billed I'll go back when the light is better and look again.

I was glad to hear of another sighting of red poll I hope you have more luck having it return and hang around than I had, and hope many of you are able to see it.

Good birding and Happy Holidays to all of you.

Steve