Pipit??

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C18670.65F68B40

I have a question for the list... is it possible that a pipit would =
visit a birdfeeder and eat sunflower seeds???
I had a visitor at my feeder today that I think might have been a pipit. =
 It was a bout 25-30% larger than the House Sparrows that were with it, =
dark streaks on the breast, and a narrow beak.  The back was chestnut =
colored, similar to that of a male House Sparrow.  It was only there for =
15-20 seconds, so I was not able to note much else.
I checked the summary of the lists that were submitted for the Yardbird =
Festival (thanks to everyone who helped, submitted lists, or =
attended!!!) and there was one pipit recorded, in Farmington.
Last Sunday I happened to glance at the feeder and my attention was =
caught by a white-mottled bird.  My first thought was "Snow Bunting", or =
maybe it was wishful thinking!!!  After I quickly retrieved my glasses =
(not my binocs, but my "look through these because you are blind as a =
brickbat without them-glasses"!!!) I watched the bird for probably a =
half a minute before it turned towards me.  Snow Buntings don't have red =
breasts!!  What I had was a partial albino House Finch!!  It soon flew, =
and I haven't seen it since then.
After the Yardbird Festival I moved one of my feeders up to my deck.  =
Why didn't I do that sooner?????  Feeding is much more fun now that the =
birds are closer!!!  (But I still need to wear my glasses to enjoy =
them!!!)

Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C18670.65F68B40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a question for the list... is it =
possible=20
that a pipit would visit a birdfeeder and eat sunflower =
seeds???</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had a visitor at my feeder today that =
I think=20
might have been a pipit.&nbsp; It was a bout 25-30% larger than the =
House=20
Sparrows that were with it, dark streaks on the breast, and a narrow =
beak.&nbsp;=20
The back was chestnut colored, similar to that of a male House =
Sparrow.&nbsp; It=20
was only there for 15-20 seconds, so I was not able to note much=20
else.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I checked the summary of the&nbsp;lists =
that were=20
submitted for the Yardbird Festival (thanks to everyone who helped, =
submitted=20
lists, or attended!!!) and there was one pipit recorded, in=20
Farmington.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Last Sunday I happened to glance at the =
feeder and=20
my attention was caught by a white-mottled bird.&nbsp; My first thought =
was=20
"Snow Bunting", or maybe it was wishful thinking!!!&nbsp; After I =
quickly=20
retrieved my glasses (not my binocs, but my "look through =
these&nbsp;because you=20
are blind as a brickbat without them-glasses"!!!) I watched the bird for =

probably a half a minute before it turned towards me.&nbsp; Snow =
Buntings don't=20
have red breasts!!&nbsp; What I had was a partial albino House =
Finch!!&nbsp; It=20
soon flew, and I haven't seen it since then.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After the Yardbird Festival I moved one =
of my=20
feeders up to my deck.&nbsp; Why didn't I do that sooner?????&nbsp; =
Feeding is=20
much more fun now that the birds are closer!!!&nbsp; (But I still need =
to wear=20
my glasses to enjoy them!!!)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C18670.65F68B40--