Least Sandpiper

Eric Huish and I went out on a birding outing today
around southern Utah County. We saw a total of 51
species of birds, not bad for a December day. We went
down on Swede Lane, and saw a Northern Shrike, next we
went down to Santaquin Cemetery, nothing of particular
note, just both species of Jays, and a Townsend
Solitare or three. Next we went down to Warm Springs,
we saw a Red Naped Sapsucker which is rare for winter.
Also a winter Yellow Rumped Warbler, and some Cedar
Waxwings. Next we headed out around LeBarron Point,
and West Mountain. Headed out through the town of
Genola. We saw Bald Eagles along this route. On the
Southwest corner of the mountain were 10 or so Least
Sanpipers. I was suprised to see these in the winter.
We also saw Canvasbacks, and all the usual ducks. Also
there were some Eared Grebes around Lincoln Point, and
Loggerhead Shrikes. Rough Legged Hawks near the second
Springville exit. All in all a good day of birds.
KC Childs