Pacific Loon still at Deer Creek

- ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C15EF0.74CDF060

Birders

Bob Bradley and I went to Deer Creek resevoir looking for the Pacific =
Loon.  We found it about 11:30 am this morning.  It was located right =
off a pull out on the main road leading to Provo Canyon.  It is =
difficult to describe exactly where it is, but there is a pull-out that =
is near a wood platform in the water.  It is closer to the top of the =
resevoir than the dam end.  It was at this spot we found the Loon.  =
Initially we thought this was a Nonbreeding Adult but after it =
approached closer, we were able to determine it is a juvenile.  This is =
surely the same bird that has been seen here.  There was also a Common =
Loon by it and 4 Western Grebes and 1 Grebe that appeared to be a =
Clark's.  We saw many gulls but did not locate any of Merrill Webb's =
Bonaparte's Gulls.

Tony Jones
wwjones@qwest.net

- ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C15EF0.74CDF060

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Birders</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob Bradley and I went to Deer Creek =
resevoir=20
looking for the Pacific Loon.&nbsp; We found it about 11:30 am this=20
morning.&nbsp; It was located right off a pull out on the main road =
leading to=20
Provo Canyon.&nbsp; It is difficult to describe exactly where it is, but =
there=20
is a pull-out that is near a wood platform in the water.&nbsp; It =
is&nbsp;closer=20
to the top of the resevoir than the dam end.&nbsp; It was at this spot =
we found=20
the Loon.&nbsp; Initially we thought this was a Nonbreeding Adult but =
after it=20
approached closer, we were able to determine it is a juvenile.&nbsp; =
This is=20
surely the same bird that has been seen here.&nbsp; There was also a =
Common Loon=20
by it and 4 Western Grebes and 1 Grebe that appeared to be a =
Clark's.&nbsp; We=20
saw many gulls but did not locate any of Merrill Webb's Bonaparte's=20
Gulls.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tony Jones</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:wwjones@qwest.net";>wwjones@qwest.net</A></FONT></DIV></BOD=