Belted Kingfisher

- ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C15A83.8BFE50C0

I am VERY new to birding, yesterday, at my work (2700 S. 300 W., SLC) I =
spotted a male belted kingfisher.  I realize that this probably isn't =
extraordinary, however as I am so new to birding, this is the most =
exciting bird I've spotted on my own.  There is a pond in the middle of =
where I work, the kingfisher was hanging around the edge of the water, =
then flew to a railing very near a window, over the pond; where I had an =
excellent view of him from inside the building.  Usually, the only birds =
I see at the pond at my work are common mallards, wrens, and swallows.  =
(Actually, I don't know exactly what kind of wrens and swallows that are =
at my work, but I will find out!)  Thanks to Gary Grubb and Hugh =
Gillilan for what I've learned of birding so far.

Mike M.

- ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C15A83.8BFE50C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am VERY new to birding, yesterday, at =
my work=20
(2700 S. 300 W., SLC) I spotted a male belted kingfisher.&nbsp; I =
realize that=20
this probably isn't extraordinary, however as I am so new to birding, =
this is=20
the most exciting bird I've spotted on my own.&nbsp; There is a pond in =
the=20
middle of where I work, the kingfisher was hanging around the edge of =
the water,=20
then flew to a railing very near a window, over the pond; where I had an =

excellent view of him from inside the building.&nbsp; Usually, the only =
birds I=20
see at the pond at my work are common mallards, wrens, and =
swallows.&nbsp;=20
(Actually, I don't know exactly what kind of wrens and swallows that are =
at my=20
work, but I will find out!)&nbsp; Thanks to Gary Grubb and Hugh Gillilan =
for=20
what I've learned of birding so far.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike M.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C15A83.8BFE50C0--