Mystery bird Hammond's flycatcher?

- --------------D112845ECDA0CE087601DFF6

Can  anyone tell me from the pictures sent and identified as Hammond's
Flycatcher why it could not be Cordilleran Flycatcher instead,
i.e.(Peterson's) 'the most widely encountered type of empid in the West,
has yellowish underparts, including the throat. . . eye ring tends to be
tear-shaped. . .Habitat: moist woods, mixed or conifer forests. .
.groves."  I see from the picture more yellow than gray on the throat
and (though hard to tell for sure) the lower mandible of the bill
appears lighter in color than the upper.   The habitat where found
argues more for the Cordilleran.

Beula Hinckley

- --------------D112845ECDA0CE087601DFF6

Can&nbsp; anyone tell me from the pictures sent and identified as Hammond's
Flycatcher why it could not be Cordilleran Flycatcher instead, i.e.(Peterson's)
'the most widely encountered type of empid in the West, has yellowish underparts,
<i>including the throat. . . </i>eye ring tends to be tear-shaped. . .Habitat:
moist woods, mixed or conifer forests. . .groves."&nbsp; I see from the
picture more yellow than gray on the throat and (though hard to tell for
sure) the lower mandible of the bill a<i>ppears</i> lighter in color than
the upper.&nbsp;&nbsp; The habitat where found argues more for the Cordilleran.

- --------------D112845ECDA0CE087601DFF6--