Clear Lake Refuge (Millard Co.)

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C12368.0E6426A0

Hi Birders,
My daughter got married yesterday, things went well, and I went birding =
this morning... life is good!!!
I went to the Clear Lake NWR about 20 miles south of Delta.  Although I =
didn't see any rarities, it sure felt good to get out and start birding =
as the sun peeked over the mountains to the east!  Once I left the main =
highway (Hiway 257?) I had the entire area to myself, well almost, just =
me and the train that I had to wait for 15 minutes to unblock the road =
out of the refuge.
I saw 3 Loggerhead Shrikes, which is the most I've seen at one time / =
location.  I watched Pied-Billed Grebes impersonating submarine =
perescopes, and a Black Crowned Night Heron looked as if he was going to =
fly through my open van windows.  I saw a couple of Yellow Warblers, and =
another warbler sp. that I could not entice to leave the thicket to get =
a better view.
There were a couple of sparrows that I think were giving me Ann =
Neville's rash!   They'd fly out on to the road, but before I could =
focus on them, they'd be in the sage brush or phragmites.  So I would =
wait until they came out again, which didn't happen.  Or at least didn't =
happen until I started to look at something else!!!  I think I have =
discovered a new species, and I think I will give it the scientific name =
"Teaseritis extremus".
Bottom line is that it was a beautiful day to get out and enjoy the =
birds!!!

Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C12368.0E6426A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Birders,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My daughter got married yesterday, =
things went=20
well, and I went birding this morning... life is good!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I went to the Clear Lake NWR about 20 =
miles south=20
of Delta.&nbsp; Although I didn't see any rarities, it sure felt good to =
get out=20
and start birding as the sun peeked over the mountains to the =
east!&nbsp; Once I=20
left the main highway (Hiway 257?) I had the entire area to myself,=20
well&nbsp;almost,&nbsp;just me and the train that I had to wait for 15 =
minutes=20
to unblock the road out of the&nbsp;refuge.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I saw 3 Loggerhead Shrikes, which is =
the most I've=20
seen at one time / location.&nbsp; I watched Pied-Billed Grebes =
impersonating=20
submarine perescopes, and a Black Crowned Night Heron looked as if he =
was going=20
to fly through my open van windows.&nbsp; I saw a couple of Yellow =
Warblers, and=20
another warbler sp. that I could not entice to leave the thicket to get =
a better=20
view.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There were a couple of sparrows that I =
think were=20
giving me Ann Neville's rash!&nbsp;&nbsp; They'd fly out on to the road, =
but=20
before I could focus on them, they'd be in the sage brush or =
phragmites.&nbsp;=20
So I would wait until they came out again, which didn't happen.&nbsp; Or =
at=20
least didn't happen until I started to look at something else!!!&nbsp; I =
think I=20
have discovered a new species, and I think I will give it the scientific =
name=20
"Teaseritis extremus".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bottom line is that it was a beautiful =
day to get=20
out and enjoy the birds!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C12368.0E6426A0--